TANIN GALALCOOL® SP is a highly-purified gallic tannin preparation, characterized by its suppleness in mouth, intended for white and rosé wines.
• Regulates the oxidation-reduction phenomena.
• Limits SO2 additions thanks to its anti-oxidant action.
• Increases protein stability.
• Reduces natural enzyme activity causing residual oxidation (laccase, tyrosinase).
• Reduces bacterial development (as in Champagne production).
• Improves clarification.
• Oxidation & Botrytis protection: 5 - 20 g/hL (50 - 200 ppm).
• Bottling of sparkling wines: 2 - 4 g/hL (20 - 40 ppm).
USA Regulation 27 CFR 24.246 Specific TTB Limitation
The residual amount of tannin, calculated in GAE, must not exceed 6.4 GAE per 1000 gallons of wine (800 mg/L) in white wine and 24 pounds per 1000 gallons (3 g/L) in red wine.
Total tannin must not be increased by more than 150 ppm (150 mg/L; 0.150 g/L) by the addition of tannic acid (poly-galloylglucose).