Proanthocyanidic tannins extracted from grape skins using LAFFORT’s Instant Dissolving Process (IDP).
Due to its specific nature (grape skin tannin) TANIN VR SKIN® will allow:
• Compensation for natural grape tannin deficiency (lack of phenolic maturity or adverse tannin-anthocyanin ratio).
• Stabilization of color due to the formation of tannin-anthocyanin polymeric pigments.
• Improved fining.
• Refinement and enhancement of wine structure and palate length
• Colour stabilisation: 20 - 40 g/hL (200 - 400 ppm).
• Tannin augmentation: 2 - 10 g/hL (20 - 100 ppm).
USA Regulation 27 CFR 24.246 Specific TTB Limitation
The residual amount of tannin, calculated in GAE, must not exceed 6.4 GAE per 1000 gallons of wine (800 mg/L) in white wine and 24 pounds per 1000 gallons (3 g/L) in red wine.
Total tannin must not be increased by more than 150 ppm (150 mg/L; 0.150 g/L) by the addition of tannic acid (poly-galloylglucose).