TANIN VR SUPRA® is a vinification tannin for red wines combining the effects of proanthocyanidic and ellagic tannin for optimal technological efficiency, without negative organoleptic impact.
• Inhibition of natural oxidation enzymes (laccase, polyphenol oxidase) during harvesting of Botrytis-affected vintages (more efficiently than SO2).
• Precipitation of wines’ natural protein for a better preservation of endogenous tannins (sacrificial effect).
• Anti-oxidant action to protect color.
• Wine structural improvement by supplementation of the midpalate.
• Protection and vinification of grapes altered by Botrytis cinerea.
• Improves clarification.
• Structural improvement: 10 - 20 g/hL. (100 - 200 ppm).
• Colour stabilisation: 20 - 40 g/hL (200 - 400 ppm).
• Botrytis-affected fruit: 30 - 80 g/hL (300 - 800 ppm).
USA Regulation 27 CFR 24.246 Specific TTB Limitation
The residual amount of tannin, calculated in GAE, must not exceed 6.4 GAE per 1000 gallons of wine (800 mg/L) in white wine and 24 pounds per 1000 gallons (3 g/L) in red wine.
Total tannin must not be increased by more than 150 ppm (150 mg/L; 0.150 g/L) by the addition of tannic acid (poly-galloylglucose).